“Editing can, and should be, not only a life-enhancing profession but also a liberal education in itself, for it gives you the privilege of working with the most creative people of your time: authors and educators, world-movers and world-shakers.”
– M. Lincoln Schuster
- Work alongside authors to ensure that their books and manuals are published by deadline and according to their specifications; prepare a variety of materials—writing guides, readers, and other English texts, as well as laboratory manuals—for publication.
- Edit material to ensure that content is being published accurately.
- Edit and proofread manuscripts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as overarching plot, character, and thematic suggestions.
- Edit and assemble resumes and portfolio sites; proofread cover letters.
- Edit and proofread essays, dissertations, business writings, and other non-fiction pieces.
ScrumMaster/Courses Production Manager
Apr. 2015 to May 2016
- Copy edited, proofread, and managed content for print and online publications, which included online courses, websites, ebooks, student manuals, handbooks, and other publications for U.S. and worldwide agencies
- Additionally completed quality assurance testing, research, management of an annual content approval process, content development, and copywriting
- Coordinated the workload, impediments, and deadlines of the Courses and Publications team; worked with our internal stakeholders, including the Product Owner and business development team, and our clients to publish content and courses while exceeding the expectations of clients
- Contacted museums, galleries, and independent bookstores to sell the recent poetry publications of Cuneiform Press, including a new book by Jim Dine, prolific American artist
- Researched grant and funding opportunities
- Performed acquisition research for CentroVictoria's literary magazine "Huizache," primarily collecting information for contacts at university libraries, English departments, and Chicano/a studies programs; public libraries; bookstores; and literary conferences
- Reviewed manuscript submissions, copy edited and proofread both fiction and nonfiction manuscripts, wrote back cover copy, and proofread ebooks after conversion
- Completed various research and organizational projects
M.S. in Publishing
B.A. in English—Technical Writing
Minor in Anthropology
Graduated summa cum laude
Member of Honors College and Sigma Tau Delta